Photography Workshops and Photo Walks
PRIVATE 1-ON-1 WORKSHOPS
These workshops are suitable for all levels of photographers, from beginners to keen enthusiasts. Whether you are a visitor to Sydney or a local just wanting some intense guidance in photography, our 1-on-1 workshops are specifically tailored to your own personal requirements. We can teach you to understand your camera settings and how & when to use them. No matter whether your interest is landscape, street or travel photography – we can teach you how to get the most out of your camera. In addition, we can get you up to speed with your editing skills in Adobe Lightroom Classic. All workshops are customised to your experience level and equipment. Click here for F.A.Q & Testimonials
Photography Workshop Sydney
“Get Out Of Auto Mode”
- Private 1-on-1 workshop (bring a friend for only $50.00)
- Includes a professional photographer for 3 hours
- Camera settings (aperture, shutter speed & ISO) explained before a hands-on walk
- Photography techniques & choosing the best settings
Photography Workshop Sydney
- Private 1-on-1 workshop (or bring a friend or 3 for $50.00pp)
- Includes a professional photographer for the duration of the workshop
- Customised location & training based on your requirements
- Perfect for visitors to Sydney who want to capture great photos and learn along the way
Online Editing Sessions for
Lightroom, Luminar, ON1, Topaz
- Hands-on Private 1-on-1 online sessions (using Zoom)
- Learn about File setup, Import, Image Processing using either Adobe Lightroom Classic CC, Skylum Luminar 4, ON1 Photo Raw or Topaz Studio
- Laptop/computer with software application installed + Internet connection
GROUP WORKSHOPS & PHOTO WALKS
Our group Photography Workshops are perfect for those that want to learn more about their camera and photography in a group environment. Our Photo Walks are a great way for anyone interested in photography – and a fantastic way to meet other like-minded photographers with a similar passion while exploring locations in and around Sydney. The walks are suitable for all levels of photography from mobile phone to DSLR/Mirrorless.
Newtown Street Art
Sunday, 27 September 2020 – 9:00am to 12:00pm
- We haven’t done this walk for some time so we thought it would be a good time to re-visit the area for some of the new street art. This walk is ideal for those interested in Street, Architecture and Urban Photography which are all components of Travel Photography.
Get out of Auto Mode
Saturday, 3 October 2020 – 9:30am to 1:00pm
- Maximum 6 attendees (min 3 required to proceed)
- Includes 2 professional photographers for 3 hours
- A tripod is not required
- Learn how to shoot in Aperture, Shutter Speed and Manual modes.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Why should I do a photography workshop & why with you?
Why should I do a photography workshop? A workshop is the best way to learn photography skills. You will have the undivided attention of a skilled professional most of the time during the workshop. A workshop will teach you techniques and technical skills that would normally take you some time to master. If you are in a group workshop, it is a great opportunity to meet and share your passion with other like-minded attendees.
Why do a workshop with us? On our workshops the focus is you and about teaching you about your camera specifically. You have full-time access to us for the duration of the workshop to actively assist you. As professional travel photographers, we have learnt from many years in our profession how to shoot during any time of the day/night to make the most of our time and get those great shots as well.
What experience & camera gear do I need?
Photo Walks – Our photo walks are open to all levels of experience and are a great way to visit a location with like minded photography enthusiasts. Any type of camera is welcome, from mobile phone, point & shoot, DSLR, SLR & Mirrorless cameras.
Photography Workshops – Our introductory photography workshops are suitable for beginners looking to learn more about their camera and photography. We also hold more advanced workshop for specific techniques that require some general knowledge of settings. In most cases, our workshops are best suited to DSLR or Mirrorless cameras, however, the main requirement is a keen interest/passion for photography. A suggested list of equipment required will be indicated on the workshop page. If you have any doubts about your level of experience or camera gear you just have to contact us and we will be happy to chat with you about it.
Whats included in a Sydney Workshop?
Each workshop package will provide a list of all inclusions. Most of our packages will include;
- Photography Tuition, guidance, and assistance by 2 professional photographers (Paul & Helen)
- Notes about your camera/settings
Whats not included?
- Equipment (unless specified)
What happens if I need to cancel?
We understand that things happen and you may need to cancel. We try to be flexible with our cancellation policy.
- Sydney Workshops: Full refund if cancelling 5 days before workshop, otherwise 100% cancellation fee applies.
- Photo Walks: No refund is given, however if we are advised at least 5 days prior we are happy to transfer to a future photo walk.
How & when do I pay?
Bookings for our Sydney Workshops & Photo Walks can be made directly on this site by following the BOOK NOW button. We accept payment by credit card (via Paypal). If you would prefer to make payment by direct deposit please contact us to arrange. All Payment is in AUD (Australian Dollars).
“ The 1 on 1 workshop was amazing, well worth doing – Highly recommend. Paul & Helen are so nice & the attention to detail on how my EOS80D functioned was unreal!!
“ Paul and Helen were amazing – very lovely, and willing to share tips and tricks for shooting. Will definitely be doing more of their walks and workshops in the future! ”
“Great, really appreciated to better learn some features of my Sony camera”
“Very good highly recommend it. Paul & Helen run a good interactive session.”
“ Fantastic workshop, so much time and attention was given to each attendee. I would highly recommend this workshop to everyone. Each attendant was given specific information about their camera. There was plenty of time given to answer all questions and we were shown examples of all that we learned. Paul and Helen thought of everything, a nice warm cup of hot chocolate or coffee to start with on a cold morning and handing out lens cleaners before we started using our cameras. Thank you, Paul and Helen, you have given me some great instructions to give me confidence and understanding to use my camera, especially on my travels I have planned. ”