Review – Miggo Agua 65 Stormproof Torso Camera Bag
As Travel Photographers we don’t always have the opportunity to shoot in ideal weather conditions. So having a camera bag that is weatherproof, durable and practical is important to us. Sometimes we only want a small bag for local travel and work and other times we need a larger heavy-duty bag for all our gear. The range of bags from Miggo has something to suit pretty much anyone. The distributors were kind enough to send us the new Miggo Agua Stormproof Torso Pack 65 Pro bag to review.
The bag is well made and suitable for use in any weather such as rain, snow or sandstorm. It fits a large DSLR or full-frame Mirrorless body with a standard zoom lens plus a couple more (depending on the size). We could fit our Sony Mirrorless Full Frame camera with an attached L-bracket + 24-70 f4 lens + 70-200 f4 lens and a 16-35mm f4. In saying that, it was a slightly tight fit but still doable. (The specs claim that it is suitable for large DSLRs such as the Canon 5D Mark IV, Nikon D810 and similar models without battery pack + 24-70 2.8 lens attached + 70-200 2.8 lens (not mounted) + flash unit.). If you have a smaller camera kit or setup (like a crop mirrorless/DSLR with one or two zoom lenses) then you will find there is plenty of room in this bag.
It sits comfortably on your back as a sling which can be adjusted and also has an extra support strap which is easy to unclip and sling the bag to your front to access your gear. There is also a rear pocket with a zipper, handy for a smartphone, wallet, etc. Inside there are two detachable padded dividers, a pouch that can hold extra batteries, memory cards, and cables and a dedicated slot for your lens cap and memory card for easy access. The bag also comes with camera strap attachments that let you take the bag’s strap (main or support strap) and attach to your camera. Handy if you don’t want to carry a separate camera strap.
One of the great advantages of this bag is the weight. Often enough we see a great bag only to find that its weight is over 2kgs which then can really restrict you with aircraft carry-on allowances (7kgs on some airlines). As the bag only weighs under 1kg this allows you to carry more gear.
Overall this is a great sturdy, weatherproof sling bag whether you like hiking, biking, exploring or just walking. There are no separate rain covers (which can get messy to access your bag in the rain) to get in the way or dry.
These bags usually sell for around US$99.99 (via Adorama) which is cheap as chips considering the quality of build, weather protection and padding it provides.
If you’re looking for something a bit bigger, Miggo has a range great range of styles & sizes of stormproof bags so you are bound to find one that suits your gear. If you are into drone photography why not check out the Agua-70 Stormproof Drone Lander. A compact drone “sling-style” bag for your drone and accessories and also an integrated landing mat to use on any surface – snow, sand or mud. Below is a short video about their products.
- Storm-proof quick-draw Torso Pack for all-day, all-weather use.
- IPX3 rain-proof standard: Protected against spraying water – water spraying up to 60 degrees from vertical at 10 litres/min. at a pressure of 80-100kN/m2 for 5 min.
- Fits a camera body + lens.
- Quick-adjusting detachable padded strap – also can be attached to the camera.
- Fail-safe connecting buckles with locking system
- Utility Pouch for memory cards, spare battery, and cables
- Detachable stabilizing diagonal strap
- Rear pocket with zipper – perfect for keeping personal items safe and dry.
- Inner pocket for lens cover and memory card
- 2 adjustable padded dividers
- Water-repellant zippers with branded Miggo zipper pullers.
- Thermo-forming reinforced bottom
- Double-layered construction
- DSLR or Mirrorless with attached lens (such as Canon 5D with 24-70mm f/2.8)
- 1 extra lens (such as 70-200mm) – not mounted
- Flash unit
- Memory cards
- Extra battery
- Lens cover
- Personal belongings such as a smartphone or wallet.
Length: 35 cm. / 13.8 inch
Height: 18-30 cm. / 7 – 11.8 inch
Depth: 16 cm. / 6.3 inch
Length: 32 cm. / 12.6 inch
Height: 14-26 cm. / 5.5 – 10 inch
Depth: 12 cm. / 4.7 inch
0.95 kg. / 2.1 lbs.
What’s in the Box
- Miggo Agua Torso Pack
- Quick-adjusting detachable padded strap
- Stabilizing strap
- Additional strap connectors (2 “female” 1 “male”)
- 2 dividers
- Utility Pouch
- 2 years warranty
- Owner’s manual
If you have any questions or comments we would love to hear from you.
Like this post? You may also enjoy our Newsletter. You can receive new posts direct to your inbox by subscribing here.
Please Note: We may receive commissions when you click links and make purchases. However, this does not impact our reviews or recommendations. We try our best to keep things fair and balanced, in order to help you make the best choice.